Tuesday, October 18, 2011

NaNoWriMo

Yes... it's true. I signed up to do NaNo this year.
Scary.

For those non-writers, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, which is November. Every year, thousands of writers get together to write a 50K novel in the 30 days of November. Scary and crazy, right? Yep.

I have not done this in the past due to school, so now I'm going to be even more insane and tackle it for the first time in college. Right. Smart. Anyway, one of my friends here is also doing it, so at least I'll have someone to keep me accountable, which was probably my failure when I attempted to do Camp NaNo (write the novel during the summer).

It starts in 16 days, so I have a little over two weeks to brainstorm and outline (if I dare... I may just do a rough sketch and write by the seat of my pants). AAAGGHH!! This is going to be super crazy.

Once it gets a little closer, I'll add a little counter to my page so you all can see how I'm doing (and encourage me to write every spare minute I have!). I'm really counting on the few of you who read to encourage me! It's going to be hard (those who have done NaNo know exactly how hard...)

A few days ago I was working on another blog post, but I had to stop in the middle for something, I can't remember, so now I have to wait for the muse to return to finish the other post. Until then, shalom!

No comments: