Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rather Exciting Happenings

There has been so much going on this week that I can't believe it is only Wednesday. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. ;) Sunday, my dad and step-mom visited me at school unexpectedly, so I got to see them and eat non-cafeteria food. *grins* On Monday, I mailed my application to the school in Jerusalem and got back my last anatomy and physiology exam (I did really well!) and got the last bit of my clinical packet in the mail. Tuesday, I ... hm. What happened Tuesday? Ah, yes, I faxed information about course enrollment to my community college for the summer. Today was a big day. I turned in my clinical packet, declared a minor (in adventure ed) and got my passport. *whew* And that's just the stuff going on with school.

In my Bible readings, I am nearly finished with reading the Bible in a year. I started mid-June, and all I have left to read are minor prophets, so I'm keeping up with my pattern of reading a chapter or two from the Torah or histories, something from the prophets, and something from the New Testament. Of course, now I'm rereading Exodus and John, but I like both of those books. Besides, Passover starts tomorrow night!

One of the things I've been learning about is discipleship and mentoring. For the past six years or so, I have been mentored by several wonderful ladies. They have really helped me in figuring out life. I think I'll always love having someone to turn to ask about various happenings with life, but recently God has made it clear that it is time for me to take another step in my journey. It really feels like He has been bringing other girls into my life for me to mentor, teach, and learn from. New perspectives, right? That's really been a blessing.

I know this was a weird post, but I have been planning two new posts - one on Dad and my Grand Canyon trip last spring, and one on Passover. Look for them soon! (and if they're not up soon, leave a comment telling me to hurry it up!)
Shalom.

No comments: