Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Caution: Disaster Room - Scheduled Post #3

Another scheduled post. Sorry. I'm just preparing.

The following is a prompt I did for Creative Writing a year and a half ago. I had some fun with it, so enjoy!



Caution: Disaster Zone Room

Just stop.
Step back slowly.
Don’t come any closer.
I know it looks like a tornado came through
I have my reasons for living in it.

Don’t touch that pile!
It’s there for a reason!
Underneath those T-shirts
Are my library books.

That pile looks like dirty clothes,
But it’s protecting my Stats book.
It’s keeping it warm at night.
(Especially since the cat likes to sleep there)

Oh, no, don’t step on that sweatshirt!
My glasses case is hiding there;
As is my latest crocheting project.
The cats like to play with it.
I don’t want it ruined like the last one,
Which the cats tore up,
Once I put it on the shelf.

Don’t get me wrong,
I don’t like the mess.
I don’t like stepping on awry school papers.
I don’t like living in a disaster zone.
But I don’t have time
To keep it organized any other way.

No comments: