Thursday, June 7, 2012

Patience - Scheduled Post #4

Another poem from the bowels of my Creative Writing folder.


Patience

Patience.
Time flies fast enough
Don’t worry it away
Don’t look so far ahead
You miss what’s in front of you

Patience.
God’s got the best plan out there
He knows what He’s doing
He wants you to wait
It’ll be that much sweeter when it comes

Patience.
It’s so hard sometimes
But it’s so worth it
Time is precious
Don’t waste it pining for the future

Patience.
It’s a forever fruit
Even when you don’t have it
We struggle with time
You can wait as well as I

Patience!
Sit down. Relax.
Be still. Rest in God’s sovereignty.
Surrender yourself to Him
He will give you strength, strength to fly.

Patience my friend, patience.
I’ll wait with you
We can pace, we can pray
We can hold each other’s hands for support
I support you, you support me

Patience.
A man helps his brother up.
I won’t leave you alone.
I won’t abandon you.
We will stick together in learning
Patience

No comments: