Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Is it summer even if I still have to take classes?

In about three hours, I will be preparing for the beginning of my first summer class: microbiology. This is one of the things that studying abroad did. Normally, nursing students take microbiology fall of their sophomore year, before clinicals start in the spring. However, because I will be abroad in the fall, I had two options: take microbiology in the spring and take it alongside clinicals, or take it the summer before studying abroad. I originally planned to take it in the spring, but then I decided to take my second semester of Hebrew independent study in the spring, so micro got pushed back to the summer. So that is why I will be dying the next six weeks. Well, more than just microbiology. As if that wasn't enough, I'm also taking Communications and History in order to get more general education credits finished. You see, I am also an adventure education minor. If I want to get anywhere near finishing the minor, I need to finish as many gen-eds as possible so I have room for the adventure ed classes. Communications is a 12-week class, also beginning today (though I sent in my first assignment yesterday, haha), and History is 8 weeks, beginning on May 30th. So if you see me during June, it will likely be due to procrastination. Or, I suppose, I could write a couple posts in advance and set them on a schedule to post so I don't have to later. *shrugs* I don't know for sure.

All that to say, I'm a bit nervous. While this is not the first time I'm taking a rather intense course in a short amount of time (remember January term), this is the first time since first grade I am taking a class in a secular setting. I went to Christian school from second grade (the little bit it was) to twelfth grade, and now I go to a Christian college. Right now I'm just praying I can understand the professor and that I end up with a good lab partner. I would also appreciate prayers that somehow, I can be a light to those in my class. In my lab sciences at Messiah and in high school, the professor would usually get excited about how cool God's creation was, and I would be super excited too. Now, I'm going to be the only one fostering that excitement. I hope I can keep it up, even when no one else can see why.

I hope you have a wonderful day! It's beautiful outside here, and even if it is not where you are, it is a new day.

No comments: