Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5th

Today is a very special day, on several levels. It is Cinco de Mayo, yes, I know. There are two other things that occur on an annual basis on this day, and a third that is only happening this year. We are celebrating my sister's sixteenth birthday. Her birthday was last week, but this was the first time everyone could be together to celebrate.

The two other things though... It is International Day of the Midwife, and the 11-year anniversary of the day I was baptized. Both days mean so much to me, and the fact that they are the same day is just the icing on the cake.

 Speaking of cake, before I go and celebrate birthdays, here's a quick update

My freshman year of college is over! I am officially a college sophomore! Well, according to the records, I had enough credits to be counted as a sophomore before now, but I am done with my first year of classes. I had my last two finals yesterday, and then in the afternoon, my grandma drove up to pick me and my carload of stuff up and brought me home.

It is good to be back.

Although, I will have to drive back up to Messiah on Monday for a bell concert that night. After that, though, the next time I am back at Messiah may well be February! I'm trying to work out a J-term class called Wilderness Encounter for my Adventure Ed minor, that is not on campus. We shall see on that.

I got my plane tickets for Israel. Eee! It's a bit scary and very exciting. I'm nervous about making my first international flight by myself, but God will be with me, and that thought makes my nervousness seem bearable. I've done a bit of research about how much luggage I can take, and I wonder if I will be able to take everything that I need in the space I'm allotted. We shall see.

1 comment:

ed.pratt said...

Sarah I am so proud of you. It is so exciting how you are listening to God and following Him.