Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's not about me

I plan to talk about my devotional book. Really I do. I don't have a good reason for missing yesterday. But I did start this morning. I was awake before the crack of dawn, reading. The chapter was on something I've known but have not thought much about until today.

It's not about me.

But it is about God. How funny it is in this day and age when everyone is all about 'loving yourself' and making you feel good about yourself. It's all about YOU, they say. That becomes a million times more amusing when you realize that you find so much more worth when you make it entirely about God.

The question at the end of the chapter asked how I can remind myself that life is really about living for God. Well, for one thing, I got a song stuck in my head that says "It's not about me; it's all about You" as part of the song. Every time I thought about the chapter for the day, I remembered that line. It was a great reminder. Now to put it into practice. ^_^

The chapter was pretty short, so next time I might have to do some extra work for a post. Next time, however, I'll have something a little different (yeah, I know, there's not much to work with to say 'something different'). There will be a lot of different things going on for the next couple weeks until craziness passes and I can get on with the posts that will be a little more 'normal'.

Until next time, shalom!

No comments: