Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yom Kippur

I'm so sorry! Both to myself, and to this blog and its readers (the few that are). This is not working as well as I hoped. Life is crazy (when is it not?), so when I have something good (soon...) I will share that.

On the other hand, last week I celebrated Yom Kippur. Yes, that's a Jewish holiday. Yes, Jesus died on the cross and rose again so we don't need a 'day of atonement' other than Resurrection Day. I chose to fast and celebrate/commemorate Yom Kippur for historical significance, and as a day for myself to sit down and spend all day with God.
So I fasted. Fasting is such an amazing thing. It's hard, but it's so good. The hard times were when I got hungry around noon, 3 PM, and 6 PM, but the good times were all the times in between. I spent a large amount of time in prayer, searching my heart, and reading the Bible. After 6 PM, I got to spend the rest of the evening with some really great people who were also celebrating and fasting. We had some amazing discussions, and the memories of those conversations I will treasure deeply. Not to mention that when you fast and the break the fast with someone, it builds the friendship. Nevertheless, it was a great day despite my hunger (which I didn't notice except for those three times).

More on Yom Kippur later, when I have some more information about it (due to lack of free time, it might very well be next Yom Kippur when I write more about it >_<)

Music Update: Ha! I bet you didn't even know there was a music update. Well, there is now. I've been working on learning three new pieces. One is called Bloom, it's a choral piece set for SSA, another is a composition of my own writing that I didn't really learn how to play because I have a program that plays it for me, and Cassabrie's Song.
Yes, the song I had in the last post. I've been learning how to play that, and also to sing to it, so I can make some kind of recording for a contest for it. Speaking of that... PLEASE tell me if you are going to buy and read Masters or Slayers or other books by Bryan Davis! It would be really great to get some points for that...

On to play music, and to dance! Blessings to you all!

No comments: